2.4 Recovery and urban mining of raw materials from end-of-life products and other wastes
Our research team (mineral processors, mining engineers, metallurgical engineers and/or chemical engineers) conducts R&D projects from EoL products/spent wastes (e-waste, historical/new mine tailings, metallurgical wastes (slag, fly ash, dust etc.) and new product/chemical compound production as secondary resources at integrated, eco-friendly and economical ways for sustainable development.
1. REE recovery from EoL permeant magnets.
2. REE recovery and/or recycling from primary and secondary resources.
3. Development of REE recovering technologies from air conditioners.
4. Li and Co recovery from spent LIBs.
5. Li recovery from primary clay resources.
6. Advanced sustainable and safe processing technologies for EoL battery recycling.
7. Fe-oxide-based pigment production from scrap Fe/EAF dust and Fe-sulphide.
8. Zn compounds (ZnO, ZnOH, ZnCO3, ZnSO4, Zn oxalate, Zn borate etc.) production from Pb-Zn flotation tailings.
9. Pb compounds (PbO, PbOH, PbCO3, PbSO4, Pb oxalate, Pb malate, Pb acetate etc.) production from Pb-Zn flotation tailings.
10. Fe compounds production from Pb-Zn floatation tails for Fe-steel production.
11. EAF dust recycling
12. We can join other possible projects…
ESOGU is a state-owned University in Turkey. Mining Eng. Dept. was established in 1975. Mineral processing, hydrometallurgy, solvent extraction, electrowinning, flotation, and all physical separation methods are specializations of our research team. As one of the partners, we previously performed one ERA-MIN2 project between 2018 and 2022 (MINTECO project with 4 countries and 9 partners). We can be a partner or consortium leaders for a project.