1. Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
Our team is interested as partner in a project in Topic 1, Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining, or Topic 4: Environmental assessment, climate, and policy development for sustainability. Also, we can participate in other topics by providing our expertise in the analytical chemistry field.
We are interested in participating mainly in the following:
- Development of tools for identifying resources and improving mineral resource modeling
- Ore and waste rock characterization
- Participation in the development of eco-efficient technologies for valorization on mining dumps and tailings
- Developing analytical methodologies for environmental monitoring in mining areas
- Identification of waste material for reuse or reprocessing
- Studies for ARD prediction
- Development of tools used in ESHIA processes (mainly by developing tools for the assessment of pollutants' mobility and bioavailability
- Studies and cases for new methods of impact assessment
INOE 2000, Research Institute for Analytical Instrumentation Cluj-Napoca focuses on the development of analytical methodologies and performing of chemical analyses for environmental quality assessment., as well as in the development of technologies for metals recovery from wastes (mining wastes, PCB, catalysts, etc.). Our institute is located in NW of Romania, close to the many mining areas with dumps and tailings. We participated in two previous projects in ERA-MIN 2 call (SUPERMET and MINTECO). Our laboratory for chemical analysis is accredited according to the ISO/CEI 17025 standard and is very well equipped with high-performance analytical tools: ICP-MS, ICP-OES, HPLC-ICP-QQQ-MS, XRD, p-XRF, SEM, LC-MS/MS, HPLC-UV-FL, GC-(FID,-ECD,-MS), IC, FAAS, GFAAS, sample preparation apparatus, etc..