raw materials, exploration, mining, post-mining, long-term environmental impacts
1. Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
We are interested in joining a consortium as project partners in the following topics of the ERA-MIN3 join call:
Topic 1. Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
1.2: Mining operations
1.3: Mine closure and reclamation
Our research expertise is related to:
- geological exploration for metallic materials, construction materials and industrial minerals;
- mineralogical and chemical characterization of raw materials;
- estimating the potential of recovery of critical and other raw materials from mining waste;
- geochemical methods for investigation and monitoring of migration of harmful substances from mine waste areas;
- risk assessment tools for mining operations;
- prediction of long-term impacts using hydrogeochemical modelling tools.
Our institute participated in previous ERA-MIN projects and has experience in carrying out projects under this program.