4.3 Reuse, repair, refurbishing, repurposing and remanufacturing of End-of-Life products
We are interested in cooperating in international projects with focus on remanufacturing as part of the circular economy.
Please feel free to get in touch!
Our expertise includes:
- business development in remanufacturing
- all stages of remanufacturing (testing, disassembly, cleaning, reconditioning and reassembly),
- core collection and return logistics,
- planning and optimization of remanufacturing processes as well as of entire remanufacturing sites
- life-cycle engineering including technical-ecological-economic analysis and evaluation,
- design for remanufacturing
In our latest project we are focussing on the remanufacturing of battery systems:
The Chair Manufacturing and Remanufacturing Technology at the University of Bayreuth was founded in 2001 and is chaired by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Döpper. The Chair Manufacturing and Remanufacturing Technology offers sustainable research and development (R&D) solutions in the fields of manufacturing, production planning, logistics and quality engineering and Industry 4.0.
Our goal is to provide solutions ahead of the state-of-the-art. Therefore, we provide the very latest equipment in a modern research environment, e.g. machine tools, digitized production planning software, remanufacturing laboratory as well as quality and reverse engineering laboratories. A 5-axis milling machine, several 3D printers, interactive 3D factory planning and real-time material flow simulation complete our R&D portfolio.
Our 40 engineering scientists develop customized solutions in a wide range of research and industry projects combining interdisciplinary knowledge in manufacturing technology and innovations.